Sunday, June 29, 2008

Fox in Residence









Originally uploaded by FlipSide3


I was on our enclosed porch the other day feeding the cats, when I saw something moving in the backyard. At first I thought it was a cat, as that's not out of the ordinary. Only took a moment to realize that was a wrong assessment.

A gray fox padded its way right onto the patio. He (or she) sat there for a bit scratching itself and otherwise acting like he owned the place. Didn't see me or the cats due to the solar screen (wonderful invention).

I snapped a couple videos since the normal pictures didn't work through the solar screens (so there is a small drawback to them). We saw the fox wandering down the neighborhood street last night, and he was sitting out there this morning as well.

Bridget called animal control the other day, but they just told her to leave the fox alone since it's a wild animal and it would probably go on its own. I'll be giving them a call tomorrow and letting them know that the critter seems to have made a home. That and taking a stroll down the middle of the street can't be normal behavior.

I'm personally not bother too much, because I'm sure it's eating up the vermin. Which is one less thing I have to worry about. I just don't want the kids down the block at rabies risk... or having a fox get in our garage.

No comments: