Monday, November 19, 2007

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle

A Wrinkle in Time

This is a book I've known about since childhood, but never got around to reading. Turns out there are a lot of books I should have read as a kid, but was far too busy watching TV and later playing video games. Even now I don't read as much as I'd like... kids and a wife will do that.

As I am still tangled up in a George Martin book that, though entertaining, is very long and taking forever... I was looking for something short. This book fit the search criteria perfectly. I also appreciated the swiftness of the plot, and the fantastical elements without too much over explaining.

It is a nice good vs. evil/freedom vs. conformity type of tale. Leaves your brain with something to chew on without being preachy. I recommend it to anyone and everyone.

No comments: