Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett

The Colour of Magic

What a wild and crazy ride!

This is the first book in Terry Pratchett's Discworld series. The world it takes place in is a magical fantasy land, whose populace lives on a great disc. This disc sits on the back of four giant elephants… who are standing on the back of a big turtle swimming through space.

Sounds a bit wierd already? The tale follows the misadventures of a incompetent wizard named Rincewind and a Tourist from a distant part of Discworld. It is a lot of fun.

The story is a bit haphazard as our protagonists are dragged around their world. I think I enjoyed the Piers Anthony book (A Spell for Chameleon) a little more than this one. It was a good read.

I just wish Pratchett actually used chapters instead of running it all together. I'm going to put more of his books in my queue, so we’ll see if his style grows on my. At least this book had quite a bit of humor in it.

No comments: