Sunday, April 20, 2008

Karma Girl by Jennifer Estep

Karma Girl<br/>by Jennifer Estep

I bought this book for my wife after hearing the author on a podcast, Dragon Page: Cover to Cover. After having just finished reading Soon I Will Be Invincible by Austin Grossman, I was still in the superhero genre mode so I thought I'd give Karma Girl a try. There's a lot of tongue in cheek going on in this book both figuratively and literally. Let's not delude ourselves, this is a romance novel... just with superpowers thrown in.

Now I'm not one for trashy romance novels, but there's more than that to this book. My best summation is that it's a fun ride. The twists and secrets revealed are fairly easy to pick out along the way, but that's half the fun. I thought this book was a blast to read, and as long as you know what type of book you're getting into... anyone should enjoy it.

No comments: