Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Guild Wars franchise hits 5 million unit sold mark

Go Guild Wars!

I've been playing Guild Wars for a couple years now. While some aspects of the game have begun to wane, others are still going strong. The Guild Wars podcast (GuildCast) that I've listened to forever is coming to an end. Some of the repercussions of its ending soured things for me a bit (lost the GuildCast guild), but I'm still having fun... just more and more on my own.

Will I bother getting Guild Wars 2 when it comes out... oh who am I kidding, I'll probably get it. I'm guessing I'll get it right away too, so I don't miss out on some stuff. I'm still bummed about waiting so long to get the first game... granted there was a wedding, honeymoon, and moving into a new house going on at the time, but still.

Thank you Guild Wars and NCSoft for all the fun!

From digg (and joystiq):
NCsoft announced today that its distinctly non pay-for-play MMORPG, Guild Wars, has sold five million units globally in a little under three years. The Guild Wars milestone takes into account the original game plus its three expansions: Factions, Nightfall and Eye of the North.

read more | digg story

No comments: