Tuesday, April 17, 2007

It's Time to Tax Bullets

I wanted something to post onto digg, and I'm not a fan of sticking my own blog posts on digg. So I searched and searched for someone who wrote about the same topic. We should tax bullets, not outlaw guns. Or as it was stated in this person's blog, "Don't make them illegal—make them inconvenient. Make them expensive."

I don't remember where I first heard of this idea. It was a few years back, but it clicked in my head like a light bulb turning on. Duh, let people have their guns... but give them like 5 bullets. Hunters can't complain, their sport is supposed to be about skill. They shouldn't have to use that much ammo. Here's something to help them, bullets can be tax free at shooting ranges as long as they are used there.

Anyway, just like the government is spending its time doing dumb things like killing internet radio instead of anything worthwhile... here's another good idea that won't go anywhere. Still it's a good idea, and I wish someone had the guts to use it. Cigarettes are taxed like crazy now, the town next door just banned people from smoking in public (punishable by a $2000 fine), and I think it is time to make buying ammunition an experience that is just as an annoying.

read more | digg story

No comments: